How can I stop my Gigabyte motherboard’s splash screen from showing up during the boot process?

Dr.sunil V September 29, 2014

How can I remove the “Gigabyte” Ultradurable motherboard screen on PC boot up?

Hello, with some motherboard manufacturers, the option shows as "Show splash screen".

Check the BIOS/UEFI for the option "Full Screen LOGO show" and disable it.

• Dr.sunil V

how to check BIOS

• Jan F

The appropriate key to enter the BIOS/UEFI is stated on the screen during the boot process. In most cases you have to press the DEL key. Another common alternative is F2.

• Sunil

Thanks. I did the BIOS setting and disabled. But then now a new logo "American Megatrends" has begun after doing the setting

• Jan F.

Well yes. When you disable the splash screen of the mainboard manufacturer you will see the normal POST screen which usually includes the logo of the BIOS manufacturer, in this case American Megatrends.

You can check the BIOS again for the options "quit boot" and "quickboot" but neither one is guaranteed to exist and/or disable that logo.

Maybe you could state what you are actually trying to achieve.

maybe in BIOS there is that setting Boot to BIOS-Advanced BIOS Features, check "Full Screen LOGO Show" if available then Disable

you can also change that Boot Logo Screen to another using Face Wizard
    http://www.gigabyte.us/MicroSite/121/tech_facewizard.htm

• Sunil

Thanks. I did the BIOS setting and disabled. But then now a new logo "American Megatrends" has begun

On motherboards The splash screen hides the Power On Self Test (POST) information, i think when you disable it you will get t a load of info on the black screen when booting (processor info, memory, attached devices...). Check in Bios something like Quick Boot and enable/disable it.