How can I spy one my roomate’s use of his iPad Mini?

June 26, 2014

I want to be able to spy on my roommate’s iPad mini. He is using my wireless internet network. I do not have access to his iPad mini. How would one do this? I am not really computer savvy.

1. Howard B

If you have admin access to the router (you should as it's your WiFi), you can probably block his MAC address in the router's control panel. Then you won't have to wonder - he *won't* be using your WiFi.

You do have WPA2 security turned on, right? If you don't, anyone around you can use your WiFi, including for things like child porn (jail time!), BitTorrent (warnings from your ISP, and even possibly terminating your Internet access), online harassment (which may come back to you)...
    Some places even make it a crime to have an unsecured router (Britain):

http://www.dailytech.com/Unsecured+Routers+Land+People+in+a+Heap+of+Police+Trouble/article21453.htm

2. Guy M

I think what the Question Asker wants is what Hovsep was referring to.
    He just wants to know if his roommate is using his WiFi when he's not home.

Who Is On My WiFi will help figure that out. There are many ways to prevent him from getting on the WiFi though.

Take some time to log on to your WiFi routers configuration page and set a password. You can even make the WiFi router hide it's name (SSID) so your roommate won't be easily able to find the WiFi on his iPad. We have articles about this on the site.

• carlos

hi guy how can i change the password on my router it is been 7 years since i set it up and ive been wondering if some one is on my wife 'cause my internet speed drop sometimes by the way i dont have the installation disk anymore

thanks in advance

• Guy M

You should be able to find the information you need by searching online for the make and model of your router. You'll be looking for the default IP address, and admin user id and password.

Once you have the IP address of your router, enter that into your web browser. You'll see a login page. Go ahead and log in.

If the default user id and password doesn't work, you may be able to reset your router to factory defaults. If your router is also your Internet modem, you should call your Internet Service Provider before doing this. If you need to contact your ISP they should be able to help you reset your password as well.

Once you are logged in, you should be able to explore in there and find the place to change the password for your WiFi.

yap you shouldnt do that, ethics. Perhaps you can block it
    who is on my wifi
    http://www.whoisonmywifi.com/

4. Alan W

Also, respect our morals and dont expect us to help you break the law!

I don't know what kind of spying you want to do (sniffing the network or hacking into the device itself), but I would strongly discourage you from doing so. It is

1. Illegal. You may think it's a laugh, but you could go into jail for doing it.
    2. Unethical. How would you feel if someone you trusted (say, said roomate, or perhaps a family member) did this to you?

Respect your roomate's right to privacy and your life (and his/hers) will be better.