Can someone please help me find the name of an old video or arcade game please?

Anonymous January 24, 2014

I need help finding the name of an arcade game I used to play all of the time. It was a four player sidescroller.

The first level had you start out in a town or village, you could either keep going to the right, or you could enter a building, defeat some monsters or enemies in their, and the owner and his daughter would thank you and upgrade your weapons. Their was also a scene that offered you four choices on where to go next, with one of those choices being the bottom of a well, a scene where you met the king and he upgraded your weapons, and a black dragon boss.

It was at the Opryland hotel in Nashville, TN, and I used to play it all the time when I was younger.

1. Charles B

And there was a screen with four choices on where to go next, one of those choices was the bottom of a well. I remember that because I was the only one who ever chose it.

2. Charles B

It was a four player medieval fantasy sidescroller beatemup. You either finished the first level by going to the right, defeating enemies as you go, or you can enter a building in the background, defeat the enemies inside of it, and the owner and his daughter would thank you and upgrade your weapons.

I am sure it is not tower of doom, I got chronicles of mysteria for my xbox 360 and it was not the game I am trying to find the name of.

• Kannon Y

Can you describe the game's graphics in greater detail? What did the primary characters look like? Or what were the four main characters? Was it sidescrolling on a single plane or on multiple planes? How many buttons were there?

Do you remember anything about the initial splash screen? The company that designed the game? Perhaps it was a Neogeo game?

4. Raphael Salgado

You sure it's not Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom ARC?

http://youtu.be/CCnJgJjH_9s

Go to the forums on mameworld.info
    Someone there can answer

6. djbtwcny

Was it The Legend of Zelda?

7. Charles B

I also think that the dragon battle was on a mountain, and it happenned after you met the king.

8. Charles B

I don't think it was either or those games? It was a four player sidescroller arcade game where the first level was in a town or villiage. You could either keep going to the right, or you could enter a building, defeat some monsters or enemies inside of it, and the owner and his daughter would thank you, upgrade your weapons in a cutscene, and the level would end.

9. Dave P

Could it be Ghosts 'n Goblins? - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghosts_'n_Goblins

10. Charles B

I don't think it is that sir. Their was also a level on a boat or ship, and the boss of the level was a goblin or troll. No matter how many times you defeated it, it kept popping back up with some of its life restored, eventually, some people showed up and set it on fire, and one of them told you that fire was the only way to kill it.

• Kannon Y

That really narrows it down. Fire as being the weakness of trolls is a D&D trope. Although Black Dragons are also D&D tropes. So I would imagine you're talking about D&D: Tower of Doom, which is another one of the best multiplayer games of all time. I prefer Cadash's gameplay, but ToD was equally good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeons_%26_Dragons:_Tower_of_Doom

Hilariously, D&D: ToD is one of the most faithful representations of the 2nd edition game mechanics put to silicon. You should totally check out the sequel to ToD - Shadows Over Mystara. Another timeless multiplayer game.

I believe the game that you're referring to is the excellent Cadash.

It features pretty much all of the things you've mentioned and is probably one of the best games made in the early nineties.