Can someone who friend-requested me in the past be following me on Facebook?

Anonymous February 25, 2014

The number of followers my Facebook page shows me is 3, yet only 1 displays.

I believe that another of the 3 may be a friend-requester whose request I hid.

But that still leaves another supposed anonymous follower out there .

I disabled “allow followers” and reenabled it, hoping this would have cleared them all out, but 3 still appears as the number of my followers.

Is it possible someone who friend-requested me in the past, and whom I blocked, could be the third – that their “following” status got sort of caught in Facebook limbo?

Thanks.

1. Jeff M

I appreciate the replies, but none have helped yet.

My question was why Facebook showed that I have 3 followers, but when I click on the number "3" to view them, only 1 appears.

I am thinking that perhaps a friend-request that I hid is one of the 2 followers that I do not see, since if one does not act upon a friend-request - if one does not confirm or delete it, but only ignores or hides it - the requester, by default, becomes a follower.

But that still leaves 1 follower whom I cannot see.

I temporarily changed my privacy settings to allow only "Friends" to see my posts (rather than the "Public"), thinking that that might delete all of my non-friend followers, but that did not work - it still shows "3."

And it is not just a temporary situation in which Facebook just might not have "refreshed" to real-time, because the issue has remained unchanged for many months.

When a person make you as a friend,that person by default automatically receives your feeds.If you had blocked that person,then that person would not get any feeds from you.

3. Pampam L

I think sometimes there is inconsistency between numbers in facebook or not updated real-time. Just like all likers of a certain fan page. The admin may see as 300 likes but if viewed from the external, roughly +- 300 or so.

Thus, the numbers of your followers may not be the actual numbers.

Third question, i think it's possible. :) though we have to test it.

P.S. This is what I have observed.

4. kihara

You must 'following' turned on in your privacy settings. check your settings again.