How can I send Google Play apps from my PC to an HTC one phone?

Anonymous June 21, 2014

I have the HTC one M8 cellphone and I want to send Google Play apps from my desktop to my device, how do I do that?

1. Ben S

There was an almost identical question asked a few days ago, and I gave the following answer. It will work for you, too.

If they’re on the Play Store, simply visit the Play Store on the web, find the app you want, and click “Install.” The app will be sent to and installed on your device.

If it’s an .apk file not from the Play Store, a good solution is to put them in Dropbox. Get the Dropbox app on your phone and keep a folder for Android app .apks. To install one, just click on it from Dropbox on your phone. Just remember to only install apps that you trust, and that you’ll have to enable installation from unknown sources in your security settings.

Alternatively, you could use a web service like AirDroid to do this.

• Dalsan M

Note, if you choose to use the web version of the Play Store to install apps, after you click install you have to select the device you want it to install to (if you have multiple devices listed, the HTC One M8 should be in the list).

• Ben S

Correct. And you can rename your devices at Google Play's Settings page if their default names aren't clear.

This is the quickest, easiest, and safest way; I'd use it unless you really, really need an app not on the Play Store.

If you use Windows OS,then you can use SnapPea software to send apps to your phone.

you can plug your HTC to pc, drag and drop the apk to the root of the device or any folder, then use a file manager and click on the apk to install.

also do check the box Unknown sources following the path from your phone: Settings >> Applications >> Unknown sources.