How can I send email to contacts in an Excel spreadsheet via Apple Mail?

Anonymous August 13, 2014

I need to send an e-mail to a lot of contacts I have in an Excel-file. How do I connect Apple Mail and the Excel-file?

how can i paste a column of email addresses from an excel spreadsheet into a Mail message To: window
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5509928

To be totally honest, Apple Mail doesn't really play along with any Microsoft Office application. If you regularly need to do such sent-outs, especially mail-merge I would suggest switching to Outlook or a third-party solution.

The most basic and easy thing you can do:
    export (only) the email addresses to a comma separated text file
    you can then copy-paste them into the Cc or Bcc field of a new Mail message

If it's a one-off job, simply copy the addresses from the spreadsheet and paste them into a new group in the Apple Address Book. If you need to do this on a regular basis, or for a mail-merge (that is, send a separate message to each individual), then you'll need to use AppleScript, and I'm afraid my scripting skills to too rusty to help you there.