How can I send automated SMS greetings or alerts to my customers?

February 11, 2014

I’d like to send different kind of SMS messages to my customers. I need a fully automated system.

For example (birthday greetings): I store dates of my customers’ births in MYSQL database. I need a system that sends the: ‘We wish you a happy birthday! Have a nice day!’ greeting SMS automatically to each customer on his/her birthday. That’s just an example. I’d like to send prewritten SMSs at a predefined data and time.

Does anybody have a solution for this purpose?

1. Simon R

Hello,

First, you need an SMS gateway. Do you have any? If so, make sure your gateway allows you to send SMSs through a database. I use Ozeki ng SMS gateway, it enables SMS messaging through different kind of databases (including MYSQL as well). It an be used to send automated SMSs.

For sending SMS messages by using a MySQL database server, you need to install the MyODBC v5.1 driver to your computer (it can be downloaded from the MySQL website). For configuration details (database connection string, database connection type, database table layout): http://ozekisms.com/index.php?owpn=168&info=database-user/mysql

I hope it was useful