How can I save a picture on a web page to disk with my right-click button is faulty?

Chhayajoshi90 April 22, 2014

How to save picture from Google Chrome or Internet Explorer to my computer without pressing right button? My right button is not working. Please help and give me suggestion now.

1. Saumyakanta S

most simple solution - simply drag and drop in desktop or any other folder..

2. Tim B

Oh and the other way of doing it would be to drag the image to the URL bar, then use the File > Save menu to save the image.

3. Tim B

You can actually click and drag images from many browser windows straight onto your desktop or into another folder. Try it! :)

4. Ryan D

It's likely the web page has disabled right click - many websites are doing that these days. There's an easy workaround.

In your browser menu, find "view source" (for Chrome it's under the "Tools" menu item, not sure about IE). Find the picture that you want to save in the HTML, copy the direct picture link, and paste it into the URL of a new browser tab.

Once the picture comes up, right-click and save.

Do not use the above to steal copyright photos or images. Only for personal use.

I can think of three ways:

Repair the right button, or get a working mouse

1. Remap a key to right-click for you
    2. Use accessibility features built into Windows & browser

The first one is self evident, and the third is awkward. As for remapping, see the recent article
    Remapping: The Secret Software Solution To Increase Keyboard Productivity which shows exactly how to achieve what you're after. Good luck!