What can I do if my Samsung Galaxy Ace smartphone won’t start?

Anonymous May 12, 2014

Please help, my Samsung Salaxy Ace (SG5830) won’t turn on!

What can I do?

1. Tim B

Samsung seem to have a bit of history of this happening, and it's crazy the number of questions we get about it. I published yours as I think it's the first time we've had this reported on a Galaxy Ace, we usually have Galaxy Tab users encountering the issue.

Here's the fix for the tablet, fingers crossed it will work:

"Press and hold both power and volume down buttons for 10 seconds, then release vol. down button while holding down power button for another 10 seconds, before releasing."

Source: http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/why-does-my-samsung-galaxy-not-turn-on-after-charging/

Please do let us know if this works :)

• Dalsan M

Most if the questions and suggestions for this scenario are for the Samsung Galaxy tablets and phones, but I have seen many times in Android and other forums that suggest similar, if not the same, suggestions for other devices. Many times the power reset suggestion works for most devices, as you mentioned above.