How can I retrieve files hidden by LocK-A-FoldeR after I had upgraded my system?

Anonymous March 8, 2014

How can I recover hidden files and folders from my drive that was hidden by a software ‘ LocK-A-FoldeR 3.10.3 ‘?  I’d installed new Window 8.1 and after installation of new Window my folder was not present in my drive. How I can retrieve it?

did you run Windows 8.1 upgrade advisor before upgrading? because it will tell you incompatible software, if LocK-A-FoldeR 3.10.3 isnt compatible Windows 8.1 then perhaps this can explain your problem.
    http://code.google.com/p/lock-a-folder/
    •Compatible with Windows XP/Vista/7
    This project is no longer supported

Now after upgrade there should be windows.old folder in the root of the drive C: that contain your windows 8.1 then perhaps the files and folders are there?

you can also transfer windows.old folder to another pc compatible LocK-A-FoldeR 3.10.3 and try to see the files there?