How can I resurrect my laptop’s hard drive?

Syed Abdul K September 28, 2014

I happened to be very angry about something and removed my anger on my laptop which was right in front of me. I of course regret it now!
My laptop’s hard drive does not respond. System recovery and all that options do not help as it simply says Hard Disk not exist. What do I do now? I consulted a specialist and he says there is no chance of it to work but he would still try. Is there any way that I can get my Hard Disk to work as very obviously it has all the important data?

Regards.

1. Oliver P

Do not open your laptop case or the hard drive as it'll void warranty. Also, you'll make the case worst by opening the case and make the data far from reach of data recovery specialist. The only hope to survive your data recovery chances is to contact data recovery services provider depending on your locality. They'll either recover data and charge you bunch of money or won't charge anything if the data is not recoverable.

Definitely, data recovery services would cost you so much but have reliable medium of critical data recovery. The choice is yours!!

• Bruce E

Many laptops allow access to the hard drive by removing 1-4 screws from an access panel on the bottom of the unit and does not void the warranty. Laptop manufacturers consider hard discs to be "user replaceable," so opening up any portion of the case required to get to the drive CANNOT void the warranty either.

A data recovery specialist will charge you even if the data is not recoverable.

Follow Bruce E suggestion, shut down the notebook, remove the AC Adapter then remove the battery. Now hold down the Power button for a good 30 seconds. you can also try to reset cmos battery.

Hard Drive Check Removed From HP Support Assistant (HPSA)
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03635479&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5254513&tmp_track_link=ot_search

Whatever you did may have simply jarred the electrical connection to the drive loose. You can open up the laptop (or the drive access panel, if it has one) and check that the connection is solidly made. Close it up again and try to boot the machine.