How can I restore my Byond B51+ and install a custom ROM on it?

February 14, 2014

Hi,
I have a Byond B51+ Android Gingerbread phone. I tried to install a Novadroid custom ROM available on XDA Developers, but ended up with a dead phone. Is it posible to upgrade to Jellybean or maybe flash a custom ROM? I am a fresher to this, but I have managed to root it using Mobogenie and taken a back up with Titanium Back Up. Flashing is risky, so how do I go about it, and if something goes wrong how do I reinstall a back up. Does Titanium Back Up give us a OS back Up.

Have a look at the below article to see if can be helpful in some ways to you -

Easily Fix your Damaged / Bricked Android device

I do not see the Byond phones being supported for any custom ROMs, and if you flashed Novadroid, you essentially bricked your phone. Unless you used a custom recovery, such as TWRP or ClockworkMod, to create a backup image of your phone, or used another method to create an image backup of your phone, there is little that can be done to unbrick your phone.

You need to have a stock version of Android for your phone and try to flash it onto your phone to get your phone working again, but it may not be that easy. I don't know where you can find the stock firmware for your phone as I found little information about the phone, and almost no mention of the phone in any custom developer websites and forums except on a possible method of rooting the phone.

About the only thing I can suggest is heading over to xda-developers and asking for help in their forums. Titanium Backup is a great tool to backup applications and phone settings, but does not backup the firmware/OS. Once you try to flash another ROM onto the phone, the original firmware gets erased, which is why creating a Nand backup is so important. Sorry I could not be of more help.

• Salim Z

Thanks so much, Dalsan,

Gave the phone over to service centre and got it back in working condition again.
      Had already taken a Titanium Back Up thankfully enough.
      Dont know muck of Nand Back Up, but will surely get the required info.
      Got to know that Custom ROM is available only for model B67 which work on Jelly Bean.
      So eventually I had to wrap up my search for a new ROM. Even tried Goo Manager, could not find anything.

Thanks again for responding