How can I remove the vertical red line on my tablet’s screen?

Anonymous July 22, 2014

I have a tablet. The screen developed a red vertical line which comes out when the tablet is on. I need help on how to resolve the problem.

Normally, lines across the screen, such as the one you are seeing, suggests a hardware fault. This could be the screen, the connector for the screen, or other issue with outputting a display to the screen. Backup the files, pictures, etc., from the phone and reset the phone to factory defaults to see if it helps, but you may need to send it in for warranty repair if still under warranty, or take it to a shop to get the screen replaced or at least checked out.

perhaps something wrong with the screen so you should replace it or the display connector has a few loose pins , software will not fix hardware but you can try hard reset to see if this can help

• Maxwell C

To Hovsep A
      Doesn't the hardware reset affect my documents and other settings? If not, how do I effect the hardware settings on the tablet to resolve the problem?

its not hardware reset it is software reset, you will get your tablet just like when you purchased it, you must do backup of your files since everything will be deleted. It is probable that this hard reset will not fix your screen problem if it is hardware problem. Maybe there are some application for screen calibration...this can help sometime...you cant change hardware settings but you can open your tablet and check display connector