How can I remove all CSS styles applied by BootStrap to my site?

Chinmay S June 23, 2014

I am using BootStrap to create a site. I have placed one table which shows fine but when I see it in Print Preview all the styles are gone. I tried overwriting CSS rules in custom print stylesheet but nothing happened. There was no effect on custom styling of td and th. Their border property is working fine but that’s the only thing that is working fine. I used background-color: #ddd; then also nothing happened. I want to remove all the previous stylings that BootStrap did on tables so that I can use my custom styles. I can’t even apply color to h2.

1. Guy M

In the header of your template page, you should see a link to ../dist/css/bootstrap.min.css.

When you create your own stylesheet, link it in to your template below that line. The most recent definition should become the one that is used. In other words, the styling applied closest to the element that you are trying to style should be the one that is applied.

If that doesn't work, try deleting the line that reads link href="../dist/css/bootstrap.min.css" rel="stylesheet" and try your own styles. That should definitely work, although it undoes the nice effect of having the Normalize.css code in there. But at least if your styles work, you'll know you're not losing your mind.