How can I regain full access to my Windows 8 computer after a refresh?

Anonymous May 17, 2014

I got a Blackscreen on my other computer when I returned from a break. So in the end I did a Windows refresh. Now the PC works but I cannot access c drive, I cannot install any programs, and I cannot create any system restore points or create any new user profiles/change administrator privileges, etc.

What do I do please?

you can try sfc /scannow you can do it at startup
    How to Open a Command Prompt at Boot in Windows 8
    http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/2755-command-prompt-boot-startup-windows-8-a.html
    when cmd screen is opened type: sfc /scannow and hit enter

1.right click on hard drive C
    2.Click on properties
    3.click on security
    4.Click on Advanced
    5.Click on Auditing
    6.Click On Continue
    7.Click on Add
    8.Select A Principal
    9.Click on "Find Now" and select "Everyone"
    10.Click OK
    11.Click "Permission"
    12.Click "Change Permission
    13.Select "Full Control"
    14.Click "Apply-OK"
    15.Keep Clicking on "Continue" until it provides all permissions.

Error Access Denied
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/0341d358-ced9-4956-92fd-ef58ceabda3e/error-access-denied
    do backup registry before

• Bruce E

It is not recommended to follow the 15 steps in the middle here. It gives absolutely everyone full control of everything on your hard drive. And by everyone, I do mean EVERYONE, including anyone who happens to connect to your machine over any network, including the Internet.

It looks like you no longer have access to elevated operations. If it won't allow you to open an elevated command prompt (in Win8, it shows up as Commad Prompt (Admin)), you will probably need to do a reset of the system (instead of a refresh). If you can copy your data files to an external device first, it may be the easiest way to deal with the problem.

If you can, open an elevated command prompt and type 'net user administrator /active:yes' and press Enter. Log out and log in using the Administrator account. This should give you full access to the system so you can save anything that needs saving before doing a reset on your computer. After you have saved it all, perform a Windows reset.