How can I regain access to my Hotmail account when I no longer have my old phone number?

Anonymous August 13, 2014

I have not been able to get into my Hotmail for several weeks now ,they keep asking for a code. I do not have the phone number anymore and I’m not sure what to do. I keep telling them this, but they don’t seem to understand. I need to get into my account for personal reasons. I have tried everything, can you please help me?
Thank you, Roxy Bare

Did you go through the full account recovery?
    https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx

If that doesn't help you can only try to call the Microsoft support.

What you have to understand is that it's not only a "Hotmail account", a login to Hotmail. It is your Microsoft ID. It is used to access Hotmail, Skype, may contain personal data or files on SkyDrive, privacy data if you filled out your personal details and might even contain payment information if you used the Microsoft store.

Now, you may be saying that you only used it for Hotmail ~ but Microsoft can't make an exception because of that. They are required to protect all the data which may or may not be stored on the account and therefor they can only help you, provide you access if it is certain that you are the rightful owner of the Microsoft ID.

If Microsoft says they can't grant you access, nobody can. You should always update stuff like phone numbers etc. as soon as they change. That's a responsibility every user has to understand, be it on Hotmail, Facebook or anywhere else.