How can I recover Windows on my Dell laptop?

Anonymous February 28, 2014

I would like to know if I can recover Windows 7. I uninstalled my hard drive in my Inspiron 1545 laptop and reinstalled it again, but now I can’t recover Windows 7. What can I do to recover Windows?

When you say "uninstalled" do you mean that you replaced your hard drive? If so, your best options are:
    1. If you still have your old HDD, connect it to the computer via USB (you can get USB-SATA bridges on eBay for a few dollars) and copy the whole drive using an imaging product such as DriveImage-XML (which you can boot from CD/DVD). Then reboot the computer and into recovery mode (you'll find instructions on the Dell web site) and "recover to factory settings".
    2. If you don't have the original drive anymore, your best bet is to call Dell and buy a recovery DVD from them for around $30-50.

if you have windows 7 dvd boot on it and choose startup repair?