How can I recover my Steam Account after getting a lifetime ban?

Salim B May 8, 2014

I tried to purchase metal slug 3 on steam but i got an error :

An unexpected error has occurred. Your purchase has not been completed.

I searched the Support Knowledge Database and did what you said by removing all proxies and VPN, but I still get this error.

After I contacted Steam support they asked for some information and I gave it to them.

Then they said:

We have found activity in the Steam account related to fraudulent credit card use.
Per the Steam Subscriber Agreement, we have locked the account permanently. The account will not be reactivated.

And they gave me the Steam Subscriber agreement URL. I used my Payoneer credit card and I have $4.89 in it.

I asked them what the fraudulent credit card use was and I gave them a screenshot from my Payoneer account, which proved that my credit card ends in the right number and I had some money in it. They said:

Unfortunately, we will be unable to assist you further with this issue.

And I asked them: “What will happen to my steam account will it be banned forever for something that I didn’t do?”

Then they closed the ticket and told me that “Further attempts to reopen this ticket will be treated as spam, and closed without response.”

They then banned me forever.

I can’t open another account because I have more than 10 games in my current account and because it is against Steam terms of use to have a second account as far as I know.

So what should I do, should I contact Steam again?

Thank you for helping me.

1. Salim B

i can still play and download them but i can't buy new ones.

2. Abraham Carrasco

I'm not quite sure what happens to your Steam account when you get banned, but have you tried playing your games in offline mode?
    Even if you can't access offline mode, I'm certain most of your downloaded games can still be accessed through their .exe files on your PC. They might not let you use some online features though. If all of your games are online-powered or DRM, good luck.

3. Wessie E

No, enjoy purchasing your games all over again. You could sue them, but then the court and attorney fees would probably cost more than the games themselves. You're kind of sunk, really.

There is no point in contacting Steam again. If they found your account to be used for fraudulent credit card use they are not going to reactivate it.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8360-WEJC-2625

Steam checks for a multitude of things before a transaction is even initiated. If something happens afterwards it's usually on your or your credit card issuers end. Be aware that using IP proxies or VPN is also a violation to the SSA and considered fraudulent.

You can have as many accounts as you want. You are just not allowed to share them with other people.