How can I recover my Hotmail account when the password reset links are invalid?

Anonymous May 26, 2014

My Hotmail account was apparently “hacked” or so Hotmail says. I have been trying for over 2 months to recover the account to get my files moved to a new account and have been unsuccessful. Can you assist? I have completed the form to recover my account 7 times and every time they send the link for me to go to sign in and change my password the link is no longer valid. I found a phone number but the tech wants to charge me $150 to “try” to recover my email account but can’t guarantee. Now, I have locked myself out of my account before and it took a month to prove I was who I said I was but I was able to recover the account. There has to be a reasonable way to get this accomplished.

Have you tried copying the entire recovery link into your browser? Sometimes links break up within the email application and when clicking it some characters are missing, which would explain why your links are not working.