How can I recover data from my dead iPhone?

roseann October 6, 2014

My Apple iPhone 4s is dead – it won’t charge… How do I retrieve my data, especially the pics?

1. DevinMariah

If you have backup for your iPhone/ iPad/ iPod touch, you can retrieve them from backup file, get the guide from apple http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1766

Reseann, can you get it to work (at ll) by plugging it into the your Mac/PC? If so, you could back up your data with iTunes. There are also utilities that will allow you to extract and/or sync the data to any location, but we'll need to know what operating system you're using to recommend one.

3. Jan F.

Try a different USB cable and/or USB power adapter for the wall outlet. Patience, a depleted iPhone can take 15-30 minutes to charge before it will do anything (show the charging symbol on the screen).

Press and holding the Sleep/Wake plus Home button for 10 seconds to force a reboot in case it is just stuck on a black screen e.g. DFU mode.

Connect your iPhone to your computer via the USB cable and let it charge for about half an hour. Does the iPhone show up as a device somewhere?
    If your iPhone does not show up your only chance is a professional recovery service. The iPhone does not have a removable storage which you could connect by other means.