Can you recommend a good, fast laptop?

March 9, 2014

I am a desk top user. I want to buy a good brand lap top with advanced options with good speed.Please give me a good configuration for good laptop.

1. Tinkicker

Mmmmmm....a laptop is a highly-personal item. Of course, your desktop is too, but presumably the laptop will travel with you, at least part of the time. That makes it very important for you to examine ALL the scenarios you'll experience with your new toy.
    My recommendation (as one who has been very happy and very disappointed with laptops) is to perhaps see if some of your acquaintances with laptops will let you take a brief "test drive" with their machines. Try different models and brands in the coffee shop, out on the quad if you're in school, on the couch (maybe in their home lol) and even sitting in the car.
    Play a little bit with a word processor, a couple games along the lines of the types you like to play...even shoot off an email in order to get a real world feel for it. Especially focus on whichever program you'd be likely to use the most. If your friends allow it, you could make a temporary install of that program and really kick the tires.
    Ask them to be frank and tell you what they really don't like about the thing. Some folks tends to gloss over the negatives when they see that their friend might buy something "just like theirs", because we as humans tend to take that as a form of flattery. You might have to pry a little bit to learn the real deal lol.
    The way I see it, unless your full name is Anonymous Rockefeller, a laptop is a fairly major purchase. You need to be comfortable with what you're getting...or don't get it!
    Case in point...I own an Acer Chromebook. Love it...for its purpose. But I'm techy, and I don't mind that ChromeOS is still very much a work in progress. There are still gaps in the ecosystem that I can deal with because I really enjoy the "growing" factor of this Google project. But if you were to ask me about how I like it and you didn't probe any deeper than the fact that it's the greatest thing for me I've ever owned, you might rush out and get one for yourself because I can only say great things about it.
    But great to a geeky techno nerd isn't necessarily great to someone who just wants to get some work done quickly. Anybody who tells you that "this laptop is the best" isn't helping you at all.
    Like I said, my Acer C710 is fast and nimble and is gaining more and more capability with each ChromeOS update. But I don't like the battery life, so if you go for an Acer Chromebook, look at any of them with the new Haswell chipsets. Actually that goes for ANY Windows laptop at all...Haswell is the thing right now. Comparison: battery life for my C710 is 3.5 hours, while for the new C720 Haswell it's 8 or so. Awesome!
    The only other caveat I have against the Chromebook (and I do mean only) is that you ARE going to use Chrome browser whether you like it or not. I do happen to like it, but I'm restless, always wanting to try new things, so I find myself reverting over to my Windows 7 Acer Aspire 7551 so that I can also play with Opera Beta, Firefox, Pale Moon and all the others out there in order to get my variety fix (even IE when I'm bored lol).
    But there's a point of contrast in the Chromebook's favor. It weighs 3lbs versus about 7 for the 7551. That's why I said try 'em out on the couch...that weight matters too 8)
    This is way too long...good luck!

Kindly provide your budget.

If you want best laptops,then you might have to shell more money.
    Have a look at the laptops for every category mentioned in the below link -

http://www.engadget.com/2014/02/18/engadget-laptop-buyers-guide-winter-2014-edition/

That's a very broad definition you have there! Anything described as "Ultrabook" will meet your specifications, but may be too expensive. So, what is your budget? How fast do you expect the laptop to be? Do you want it for gaming and/or video editing or mostly for other tasks?
    In terms of brands, I can recommend Lenovo and Sony (and of course Apple if that's of interest to you). Acer also make some very good laptops (particularly in the middle to high end).