How can I re-enable WiFi on my Toshiba C650 laptop?

August 4, 2014

I have a Toshiba C650 laptop and WiFi was working just fine. Now it has disappeared from the adapter options. I don’t know why it malfunctioned and cannot figure out how to make it functional again. I have already installed the Atheros and Realtek drivers but I still cannot get access via WiFi

Thanks,
Anselmo Salvador

Most laptops nowadays have either a physical button or slider to (de)activate the WiFi card or a certain keyboard key or combination.

click on Start and search for device manager
    open it up and look under Network adapters

If the WiFi card is disabled you can just right-click and enable it again. In such cases it is most likely some application which is triggered via a function key.

If the WiFi card is not present there are 2 (actually 3) options
    (a) The WiFi is switched either via a physical switch or a function key or combination which deactivates it on a hardware level
    (b) The WiFi card is defective or not properly connected to the mainboard.

Try to update the wifi driver
    http://support.toshiba.com/
    or Open Device Manager and expand Network adapters, right click on the wifi driver and choose uninstall (do not delete) then reboot.

try to toggle Fn+F8 keys