How can I re-enable my Hotmail accounts quickly?

Charles E June 24, 2014

When I tried to open my Hotmail accounts on e-mail, the response was as follows:

It looks like someone else is using your account.

When I tried to follow the tips on how to re-access my accounts, the system failed to send me codes to enable the reactivation of the accounts. I also know that there have been a few occassions when I have interchanged the passwords for these accounts and this might have triggered the ‘temporary blockage” of the accounts. Please urgently assist and guide me so that these accounts can be re-opened. At least for the 1st account. The system promised to send the necessary code into my other account on Yahoo, but within 24 hours, which will be by 3:30pm today. I have very urgent mail that I have to attend to.

Charles Egou-Engwau

Have you checked your spam folder or tried deactivating anti-spam on your Yahoo account (assuming Yahoo has something like this)? You can also request a code via SMS/phone call.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/outlook/account-temporarily-blocked

If none of the automated ways work I'm afraid you can only try the last option of contacting Microsoft support.

I'm afraid there's no way to speed up the process. You simply have to contact Microsoft (which I understand you have done) and wait for their response. If you suspect that the accounts really have been hacked, you should report it as such ("I think someone else is using my Microsoft account"), since the hacker may have changed the recovery email address.

• Tim Brosnan

I would like to get back my email address.