How can I publish my long Word document as a booklet?

Anonymous September 1, 2014

Hi, I have created a word document which consists of about 400 pages. I learnt elsewhere that to publish it as a booklet I need to convert it to CorelDraw. How do I go about it please? Or is there any software to assist me with such a procedure?

Follow the steps mentioned in the below article link,then you can be able to publish it anywhere -

How to Make a Booklet in Word

Word can print booklets just fine (details below).

However, it's difficult to see how you would print 400 pages in a single booklet. The maximum number of sheets you can fold together in a signature is 32, so even if you reduce your pages to A5 (half A4), a 400 page document would still be 100 sheets of paper - way too much. If you want to split it into multiple signatures then each needs to be treated as a separate document. However, perhaps I'm getting it wrong and you have a different plan in mind - in which case, please get back to me!

Now for the detail. All versions of Word have options for double sided printing and booklet printing. Booklet printing essentially involves:
    1. Reducing the pages to half the size of a sheet of printer paper (sometimes called "2-up", although that is slightly different)
    2. Placing the "pages" onto sheets of paper (both sides) in such an order that when printed and folded together, they come out in the right order. This is called "imposition".

To do this in Word 2003, see http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/word-help/print-a-folded-booklet-HP003072949.aspx
    For Word 2007 and above, see http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/32759/how-to-create-booklets-in-word/

If you don't want to reduce the pages, then all you need to double-sided printing ("duplex"). This option is available straight from Word's Print menu (but if your printer can't print both sides, be ready for some tricky manouvers!).

Good luck!