How can I prevent OTA apps from draining my battery?

Aayush030112 April 24, 2014

How do I save my phone’s battery from OTA apps running?

Some of the apps, such as the email apps, have settings for how often to sync with the servers to look for new content, and some apps have settings for how they should connect to the internet, either by Wi-Fi or cellular data. Juice Defender and similar apps can help with this, as well.

If you go into the phone settings, there should be a Back up and reset option, which you may wish to turn off the automatic backup most of the time, but turn it on once in a while to back up certain data as needed. Most times it will not make much of a difference, but there could be times where it is sending and receiving information more than usual. In settings, there is a list of accounts on your phone, and each of the accounts may have sync settings that you can choose. It will not correct everything, but changing these settings and possibly using Juice Defender or similar app can help even further, making the battery last a little longer and reducing data usage.