How can I permanently delete all data from my iPhone?

Tojtagenas May 24, 2014

How to permanently erase iPhone contacts and messages without recovery? I know some delete option on iPhone, but it cannot completely erase iPhone contacts and messages. It still can be recovered by some program. I will sell my iPhone and need to get a new one. I have to erase all contacts, photos, and messages before selling my iPhone. Please help! How can I erase my iPhone data?

1. Rajaa C

This is the Apple recommended method to do it : http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1414

• Rajaa C

You need to follow only the following from the article:

Install the latest iTunes in your computer. Then under the heading "Restore your iOS device" just follow the steps from 1 to 4. That's it.

2. Fuad R

Go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap Erase All Content and Settings.
    This will completely erase your device and turn off iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, Game Center, and other services.
    If you're using iOS 7 and have Find My iPhone turned on, your Apple ID and password will be required. After you provide your password, the device will be erased and removed from your account so that the next owner can activate it.
    Contact your carrier for guidance on transferring service to the new owner.
    When the device is turned on for the first time by the new owner, Setup Assistant will guide them through the setup process.