How can I permanently delete my chat history from Facebook severs?

Stefan Stefan B April 4, 2014

your chat history is also on the other side with the ones you chat with. Even you clear from your side it will remain with the other side.

2. Jeff F

Data doesn't get "permanently" deleted once it's on the internet so easily. There's a process I'm afraid. For example, your partner in said conversation will still retain a copy which is associated to their account . Also, the deletion may or may not take effect immediately. It may take up to one month to officially delete a message, but some traces may remain in backup copies and logs for up to 90 days in the server. You can read more about Facebook's Data Retention Policies in their Privacy Policy.

To delete messages in a Facebook conversation, start by opening the conversation that you'd like to delete and at the top right of the dialog box is a gear for your options. Clicking on that will present you with a drop down menu, in which you should select See Full Conversation. This will open a web page whereby you will want to click Actions in the top right again, and select Delete Messages. You will then just have to check which messages that you'd like to delete. You may optionally Delete The Conversation entirely.

Facebook has a support article that may be of interest to you which may be located below.
    How do I delete messages from a conversation? - facebook.com
    Reading & Deleting Messages
    Can I retrieve deleted messages? - facebook.com
    Facebook Fast Delete: Delete Facebook Messages Quickly [Chrome]