Can others see your chats on Facebook?

Aeron Aritao April 2, 2013

A friend of mine sent me a pic of a part of my conversation. In addition, he can also see what I type on my search tab.

Is this normal behaviour? How can I stop it?

1. Elyas Aktaou

Well, if you and and your "friend" are on the same Wifi network, he could actually be sniffing packets on the network.

That being said, by sniffing packets he could see what you websites you are visiting, what are you typing on google.... and also could steal your facebook cookie and reinject it into his browser, and, in this case he is ..... connected to you facebook in the same time as you and he sees everything you do and could also speak for you.... just like it's his own account.

I'm pretty sure that''s the case here.

2. Yudono Rha

no they can't, check your facebook security..

3. Anvesh Kurapati

A conversation can only be viewed by the parties involved. I think the friend who showed you the pic is not a part of it. So either he might know your account details/password. Or even more, he may have keylogged you.

4. maria cater

no~maybe the other one sent the pics to your friend.

If he sent you a screenshot of a conversation you were not having with him then he has compromised your account. Change your password.
    If he can still see what you are doing then as previously suggested maybe he has installed a keylogger on your machine but as a beginning change your password.

• justinpot

Compromised your account, but based on the tab search thing I'd say also the system in some way. I wonder if VNC is installed without his knowledge.

Aeron: check your system tray for any unfamiliar programs. If this friend has visited your home recently he may have installed software for spying.

6. Dave Rimmer

If you don't want you friends to see your chat, I asume you have sent him a friends request or vica versa then use the private message to talk to your other friend.

7. Prashanth Singh Rathore

nope others can't see your chats & neither search tab.

8. Vishal S

yes if u had marked as private and on ur wall

9. yuitre_

Your friends CAN see your conversations, even if you delete them from your account. As far as I know he shouldn't be able to view things you've typed on the search tab unless he's keylogged you.

• Douglas Mutay

The only way I know he can see your fb conversation is if he is part of this conversation, if it's a group conversation. Otherwise I can assume he has stolen your credentials and can log in your account and see your past conversation. In that case you should change your password and update your security setting.

10. Shreyak Singh

No other people cannot see you chat as they dont know your passcode