How can I open a new tab in Internet Explorer in Windows 8?

Fazlullah November 19, 2014

How can I access the new tab option in Internet Explorer on Windows 8? When I right click on any link in Internet Explorer it doesn’t show thje “open in new tab” option. What can I do?

1. sanket

you can open new tab by pressing ctrl+T on your keyboard.
    for detailed information, you may click here - http://www.howto-connect.com/how-to-make-internet-explorer-in-windows-8-easy-working/

2. Ben S

First, it looks like you're using IE 10, which is out of date. Update to IE 11 here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/download-ie

After that, can you hold Control and click a link? That also opens a link in a new tab. Middle-clicking with your mouse wheel also does the same thing.

Do either of these work? Let me know either way and we'll go from there.

you can try this Tools-Internet Options-Advanced-Click On reset
    if you have toolbars then disable them
    it can be an add-on check that in manage Add-ons
    you can also click the middle mouse button on the link and it should open in a new tab

4. Ankur Sharma

Perhaps you can try one more thing. Go to manage add-ons in the settings menu and disable all the add-ons.

5. Ankur Sharma

I am not sure about why it doesn't show up on windows 8 (haven't noticed it yet, I am using windows 7), but in case if it doesn't show up, then one of the work around is to just click the middle button of your mouse on the link on the page you are currently navigation and it should take you to a new tab automatically.

6. manikanta

Control + tab = To open the new tab
    Control + N = To open the new window

7. manikanta

thank you