How can I modify my WordPress theme to meet my needs?

Anonymous March 19, 2014

Hi, I am using Attitude Pro theme from Theme Horse. I want to move the main navigation menu to header banner as there is a lot of white space in the header after adding the Logo in the left corner. Can somebody suggest me the steps?.

1. Abilash A

1. Open your website on Google Chrome
    2. Right click and click "Inspect Element"
    3. Now you can double click any code and edit them and see changes live
    4. Make note of your changes
    5. Open style.css file in your wordpress dashboard
    6. Find and modify the code according to your needs

• Niveditha

Thanks Abhilash, I have figured out most of the things with my website now. Yes, this is often the procedure I follow while making changes. Appreciate your reply, thanks again.

2. Jeff F

Editing a WordPress theme usually requires knowledge of HTML, CSS and sometimes PHP. In this particular case, without having the code and an understanding of their licensing agreements, I'm afraid I can't help you. You should contact the theme developers via their support forum or email.

• Niveditha.tm

Thank you Jeff, appreciate your concern. I indeed have contacted the forum, but no reply from them yet. I have a knowledge of HTML, CSS and some PHP. Will try adding the navigation code in the header in the child theme. Hope that works out something?