How can I merge two Facebook profiles?

Anonymous August 8, 2014

I tried to change my Facebook password.

I gave a new password and waited for a recovery email to arrive.

I guess I was to quick: When no email came, I continued with Facebook’s question, which looked like: “You received no email” (or something like that).

I gave a new email address and managed to change the password and waited for the required 24 hours.
This morning I tried to log in, and had to change the password again (now it went very quickly since I was logged into my Gmail-account).

I logged in the Facebook account with my new (Gmail) email address and the new password and it went OK except that the profile that opened is not mine: It is someone else’s profile (I guess I first tried to give that for the new password).

Through my hubby’s Facebook-account I am able to reach my old profile, so it still is there.

What on earth can I do to “bind” my old Heli Niemi Os Puustinen -profile to my “fake” profiles email-address (and password)?

1. Amrit K

Remove your change your primary email and username in facebook and also change security settings.

Facebook Won’t Let You Merge Accounts? Here Is How To Do It Anyways! [Weekly Facebook Tips]
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/facebook-wont-let-you-merge-accounts-here-is-how-to-do-it-anyways-weekly-facebook-tips/

well if it is not your profile and you suspect hacking then you have to ask help from facebook to get your profile back if possible.