How can I make Windows 7 use both Ethernet and WiFi connections simultaneously?

Anonymous February 28, 2014

I’m not able to use Ethernet and Wifi simultaneously on Windows 7.

I’ve read that it is supposed to be default in Win7, but when I connect the Ethernet, I can’t connect to WiFi. A pop-up comes up showing that I’m already connected to Ethernet, like it is saying, “Hey dumbass, why do you want to connect to Wifi when you’ve got a perfectly good Ethernet connection right here?!”.

I’ve tried enabling via the command prompt and I get the error “WLAN auto configuration is disabled on adapter”, though when I do ipconfig /all, it states that WLAN Auto Config is actually enabled.

I’ve already tried the automatic metric technique, putting the Wifi as 1 and the Ethernet as 2, but it hasn’t made any impact.

My goal is to have the Wifi ForceBind to a single app and run the rest of my Internet off the Ethernet.

Any ideas?

1. Brian V

Thanks for all of the answers. I'm pretty sure it is Symantec End Point Protection. I found an article where they tell Network Admins how to prevent this very thing. I think I'm SOL

I think that Connectify Switchboard will do what you want. However, if both your wired connection and your WiFi go through the same router then you really won't benefit from channel aggregation, since the bottleneck is your broadband's speed and rather than your wired connection speed.