How can I make VPN work while using ForceBindIP?

Sofie S July 8, 2014

Hello, I am using ForceBindIP and its working but the problem is I can’t use Hotspot Shield for both networks. My first network is running without ForceBindIP and VPN working on it but my second network is running with ForceBindIP and I am using Mozilla but I am unable to use VPN on it. Please help me.

jan F is right, maybe to try setting a higher tcp/ip metric for the network on which you use vpn connection

VPN is a sustained connection and therefor will only "run" via the interface it was first established (connected) through.

If you have a single internet connection but multiple local networks one way around this is establishing the VPN tunnel on a central gateway both connections run through e.g. on a router (assuming it is capable to do so) where you connect via both, WiFi and Ethernet.

If you have multiple internet connections e.g. wired ADSL and a mobile broadband (USB modem) the only way is to dial into VPN multiple times, via each connection.