How can I make my daughter’s Android tablet usable again?

Harrison.ryan.p April 9, 2014

I bought my daughter a Kurio 7 Android tablet for her birthday last year. My husband modified it to install Google Play and now there are apps that have been uninstalled. Every time I try to do something online, it opens page after page after page and will not allow me to type fully in the address bar or the search bar.

It is driving me crazy. My daughter has had the tablet for a year now, is 6 years old, and is very computer literate. She has pretty much abandoned it as it doesn’t work as well as it did and starts acting up-and she becomes frustrated. I am not very computer savvy, but I do know the basics.

How can I resolve this frustrating issue so my daughter and I can actually utilize her tablet?

1. Ryan D

Do a reset - if you don't know how:

1. Hold the power button and turn off the device.
    2. Turn it back on, but while doing so hold power and volume up buttons at the same time.
    3. On the menu that comes up, you'll see an option to do a factory reset

Keep in mind everything is wiped - but it sounds like since she doesn't use it anymore, that's not really an issue, and everything important that was installed can be reinstalled. May want to move any important photos or files off of the device before wiping though.

Good luck!

Kay is right a factory reset can be a solution. or go to your setting-application Chrome browser then click on it and click on clear cache.

3. Kay F

Did you consider doing a factory reset? That would propably also mean that Google Play is gone, but at least that way you could start using it again.

You should find the option in the settings menu. If there is personal stuff (Pictures, etc) on the tablet, please make sure to back that up, because it will be gone afterwards.