How can I join two separate LANs into a single workgroup?

Dempeno March 28, 2014

Hi sorry for being a noob but I just want to ask – how can I connect 2 different networks with sparate internet connections into one workgroup?

Im using PROLiNK H5004N for my modem/router.

Here is my topology of my networks:

The topology of my networks

Are these networks in close proximity or not? Are they two adjacent rooms in the same building, two different floors in the same building, two buildings sitting next to each other, two different cities, states, countries?

When referring to 'workgroup,' do you mean a Windows workgroup or something else?

Workgroups are really not meant to work across subnets let alone separate networks.
    It is using Netbios which doesn't work across subnets and broadcasts which in most cases won't go through your router. So from the top of my head I could only think of using the hosts file or lmhosts and add entries for each device.

But since the image depicts completely separate networks you'll first have to actually make the networks communicate with each other e.g. via site-to-site VPN.