Can I install ClockworkMod recovery on my Galaxy Ace s5830i and is it safe to do so?

Anonymous July 28, 2014

Hi,
My phone Galaxy ace s5830i is locked due to an excessive number of invalid patterns.
I want to install “Lockscreen security Bypass.zip” to unlock it, which requies “cwm installed”. Can I install ClockworkMod recovery for Galaxy ace s5830i before rooting the phone? Will cwm recovery delete all data of phone??

You can install Clockwork Mod without rooting, but I don't know why one would install CWM without rooting. As long as you follow the instructions, it is fairly safe to install, and root. More information can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1552792.

• Vilas M

My phone was locked due to more number of invalid patterns. I had read on net that through "Aroma File Manager" we can unlock it,but Aroma manager requires cwm recovery.. This made me to ask this question.

Thank u for ur reply.

• Dalsan M

You should be fine to install CWM without root, but be sure to research and follow instructions carefully. User error is the main cause of bricking a device.

• Vilas M

I avoided to take risk,so i rooted and installed cwm and unlocked phone without data loss,
      Thank u for making time to reply me.......

• DalSan M

Glad you were able to fix your issue. Cheers!

You'll definetly need to root your phone as you're going to change essential part of your phone.Read the below article to know more about CWM -

What is a Custom Recovery on Android, and Why Would I Want One?

As a security measure,kindly backup your data before doing so as anything can happen.