How can I install APKs on my phone from my PC?

Anonymous August 18, 2014

Hello
I am trying to download Google apps on my PC instead of installing them directly to my phone. I installed the “APK downloader” extension for chrome, typed Google email address and password accurately and also the device ID of my Android phone (which I got using *#*#5288#*#*). However, it says “Authentication failed.” I tried several times but all in vain so I used the 2nd option, “app password” and this guidance.
Under the heading “How to generate an App password” and following instruction #1 it directed me to my account security settings where there are no settings related to “app password”. Here is the screen shot of it:
cryptic-clan
Can you please help?

Regards

1. Junayd

OK I got it @Ben S & Dasaln M . actually i am running out of internal memory though by installing through PC suit like 'mobogenie' the default location of installation is SD card but with every installation that takes place on SD card also consumes some of internal space I don't know why is so. I read several articles relating to "moving applications to SD card from internal memory to SD card" and I moved them one by one myself to SD card now just 1 or 2 apps or system apps are on internal storage.
    So can anyone suggest how can I set default location SD card not internal memory even if I am downloading and installing on cell phone instead of using PC. So no further space would be consumed of internal storage.
    And does ROM and Built-in memory stands for same for phones (I know what is ROM)?????????

• Dalsan M

You could try the methods mentioned in the following forum to see if apps would install to the external SD by default, though not all apps will install to the external card. http://www.fixedbyvonnie.com/2014/06/install-android-apps-sd-card-default/#.U_Lbh463M0M

There are a couple different definitions for ROM, depending on what exactly you are talking about. There is ROM storage on phones that hold the operating system and recovery files used for factory reset. There is also ROM firmware, usually named as ROM due to it being an operating system/firmware that would install to the ROM storage of the phone.

• Dalsan M

Also, there is internal storage space dedicated to system and application settings files, separate for user storage in most phones. The system reserved storage can fill up quickly with temp files, configuration files (even data for uninstalled apps), etc. Use CCleaner for Android, Clean Master, SD Maid, Advanced Mobile Care, or other junk file cleaner apps to see if it helps with storage space issues. If the phone is rooted, you can clean even deeper for more storage space gained back.

2. Ben S

Dalsan is right; this service sounds shady. You should stop using it and change your password immediately.

Other than that, your question and the description say two different things. Are you trying to install Android apps onto your computer, or are you trying to manually install APK files onto your Android device using a PC?

[Extension] Updated version of the APK Downloader Chrome Extension
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1809458

maybe you disabled 2step verification?

The Chrome app you are using goes against the terms of service agreement for the use of the Google Play Store. Also, the app uses a third party to log into your Google account to sign you into the Play Store, and then downloads the files to their server so you can download the apps. I wouldn't trust another person I don't know, let alone a website or unsecured server have my account login information to use as they wish.

I haven't, nor would I ever, use a service such as this, so I would not be of any help. I would suggest, however, to stop using this service, change your password, and find other methods to get the apps you seek.