How can I improve the performance of my Haipai A9500 Android phone?

March 17, 2014

I have tha S4 clone (Haipai A9500) spreadtrum phone unlocked for T-mobile or ATT. I have Family mobile which is T-mobile but I can’t get the phone to work right. Games crash and it’s slow. Is there anything I can do? please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spreadtrum is notorious for manufacturing products that are very low in quality and performance. The processors used are generally weak and underpowered low cost old junk processors with horribly low performing GPUs. Even support for the phone is almost non-existent, not even third party developers offer much support for the phone (installing a custom ROM may be near impossible, but your phone may come already rooted, just install Super User app from the Play Store).

Uninstall any apps you don't need and use (careful as there are apps that are necessary that you may not realize). You also might want to try Advanced Task Killer, but be careful to not kill system processes). Install and use IOBit Mobile Care (Advanced System Care for mobile phones) and try out the game booster to see if it helps, as well. If you are brave (and have root access abd Super User app installed), you can try to overclock your processor and other settings, try System Tuner or other overclocking app to boost performance (I wouldn't go above 1.5GHz). Other than this, there really isn't much that can be done.

You might be playing such games which might be having high hardware requirements like good amount of RAM,graphics processor.Usually,such phones have custom processors and GPU which are made by low cost manufacturing techniques and hence results in low 3D performance.

I short,what you pay is what you get.

it can be hardware problems not able to match game requirements, you can make some benchmark and see the result.

As a starting point, I think you should read Kannon Yamada's article Tablets Compared: Why You Shouldn’t Spend Money on Cheap Chinese Android Imports. The points he makes are at least as relevant for phones.
    You may be able to improve the phone's performance by rooting it and upgrading the OS using CyanogenMod or similar, but there's no guarantee that will help at all. If you're interested in that option, I'd suggest looking at the forums to see if anyone has experience - good or bad - with your phone.