How can I improve my habbits?

Anonymous March 4, 2014

Why do  I never learn from lessons? Are there times when you just become furious because you just made the same “error” you did many times before? For example, in math I always “rush” to the answer,  sometimes without taking time to notice that I made some small but serious small mistakes. I really would like to find out how to avoid it!

Thank you

1. dragonmouth

By saying that you "always rush to answers", you gave yourself part of the reason for making mistakes. You rush because math comes easily to you. Slow down. As the cliche goes "haste makes waste." You are skipping over details. There is no magic smartphone app that you can use to change your habits. You have to conciously take control of your actions.

• Zivar R

yes, thank you, its is indeed a matter of self control ,taking actions with great sane and rolling ideas more carefully in my mind

2. Tracy C

It seems to me that your answer lies in your question. You've quoted two words: error and rush. I believe the reason you are making the errors is because you are rushing.

The first step is to notice how you feel when you are rushing. The second step is to consciously acknowledge that you're doing it. The third step is to quit beating yourself up for making those errors (because that doesn't solve anything).

Take a breath. Once you become more aware of what is happening (and it sounds like you're already beginning that process) then you can begin to change.

Change comes easier to some people than it does to others. My advice is to slow down, go back over your work step by step, and make the changes you need to make. Change is possible, if you take your time.

People rush because they think they can finish things quickly. But as in your experience, rushing leads to errors so you have to go back and do it again. Meanwhile, the person who takes their time to accomplish the same task only has to do it once, thereby doing it in less time than the one who has rushed through it.

It's a conundrum, but it's a viable truth. My sole source is my experience. Good luck!

• Zivar R

thank you so much ,from now on i'll take that breath and i'll get aware for what's happening,
      PS: sorry for the late reply ,i didn't get a notice about a new anwser :)