Can I watch any videos from an external harddrive on my Sharp Aquos LC-19k5?

November 10, 2013

The problem is that whenever I connect my hard disk drive to my TV it picks it up, but only as a media device, meaning it will only recognize my pictures and music, and to be able to watch videos I have to format my hard drive while it is connected to the TV but by doing so I will only be able to record shows on the TV and will not be able to add any video files from another source. My question whether or not I can watch videos on my TV. What steps should I follow and if I cannot, can I convert my files into the specified file type the TV would save any recorded shows?

1. Tom S

Buy yourself a POGO Plug device, and add your HD to it. Access is on anything with WiFi capability

maybe videos not supported on Sharp Aquos LC-19k5
    or you have to use torage devices formatted with FAT32 system
    or usb port need more power to play, maybe a usb hub with the right amount of power can help.

if you check this model
    Sharp Aquos Quattron LC-46LE821E television review
    http://www.pocket-lint.com/review/71776-sharp-aquos-quattron-lc46le821e-review
    It happily played a number of MOV (including HD), AVI, MPEG4 and DivX files, including DivX HD. It didn't like all MKV file