Can I use my USB TV card with Linux Mint?

Vasilis Bou November 7, 2012

Before I change operating system to Linux Mint from Windows 7 I am wondering whether or not I can continue using my PCTV USB card.

I have the “Not Only TV” PCTV card (model LV5HD).┬áIs there any way I can use the same PCTV (USB stick) with the Linux Mint operating system?

1. Declan Lopez

you can run linux mint live and test it out before you install mint

List of support TV tuner card on Linux mint and How to
    http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=21980&f=49

• Douglas Mutay

Great help!

• Naveen Kumar

thanks man..............

3. Douglas Mutay

Drew is right, the best option is to run Mint from the live CD and test your USB TV Card. If it doesn't work go to the manufacturer and check if they have Linux driver or if a compatible driver working with Linux is available.

4. Drew Butler

If it isn't supported on linux itself just run it through "Wine" .. in fact you should just run mint from the disc first and try it. thats what i'd do.. hope this helps

Check the manufacturers support website for Linux drivers.

The device does not appear in their hardware database so it apparently has not been tested. You can always download the LiveCD/DVD ISO and burn it to disk, boot from the newly created disk and see if your hardware is detected and works as expected.