Can I use Ethernet and Wi-Fi connections simultaneously?

hazem elsaiegh March 29, 2013

I have two NICs, one is wired Ethernet and the other is WiFi, and I have two ADSL Internet connections. Would it be possible to use the Ethernet with one connection and only for downloads, while using Wi-Fi with the second connection and only for web browsing? Thanks!

1. Sudhakar Svvm
  2. prashanth singh rathore

Yes it's possible and is done by manually setting your subnet and gateway for each connection

The important thing to note is that all DNS requests will go through the "gateway" address, so only set a gateway for your main(general web browsing) connection.

Then comes the subnet, which controls who handles connections. If you try to access an address within a subnet, it will route directly through there. If it falls outside of any subnets, it will be routed through the gateway device.

To customise which programs on windows, it's probably easiest to set up a proxy within the subnet you'd like to use, and tell the program to use that.

For example, in college I have:

LAN:

IP: 192.168.1.100

Subnet: 255.255.255.0

Gateway: (blank)

Wifi:

IP: 129.94.153.100

Subnet: 255.255.0.0

Gateway: 129.941.53.1

All programs default to Wifi, unless i specify the proxy 192.168.1.11

3. Warren Joshua Talatala

yes you can use two connections a once a long as you are using different NIC. e.g. Wifi + Ethernet + Bluetooth + 3g... but you cant use two connections with only one NIC. You cant be connected in Two wifi at once.

4. Faishal Akbar

Yes, you can. You must do load balancing on your network. you can search on google with keyword load balancing, i'am using multi proxy to load balancing with my Broadband , LAN, and wifi at once. or if you want to instantly joining connection use Connectify Dispatch (that's paid software). But i'am recommend to Using connectify dispatch because it can use instantly.

5. hazem elsaiegh

thank you all , i downloaded forcebindip , i also found great topic here discussing it thank you so much .

if you want to close the thread as Solved you have to choose the best answer. Glad thay you found a solution to your Question, good luck:)

6. Home Less

Use Bridge
    Bridge that two connection

7. Osas Osaiyuwu

Try connectify dispatch, it is an awesome paid app. It can combine lots of internet connection to give you one super connection. They are currently offering a 7 free day trial of the software. Take my words for it the software is worth every money you spend on it.

http://www.connectify.me/store/?trial=1

8. null

Windows 7 and 8 do this automatically. You don't need any additional software. You only need forcebindip if you want to specifically force particular applications to use a particular adapter, rather than letting Windows sort it out itself, or if you're using an OS older than 7.

9. Wadhah

You can use dispatch, it supports an unlimited number of connections
    (paid)
    http://www.connectify.me/dispatch/

10. Joel Thomas

use forcebindip
    as ha14 suggested
    it forces applications to use one network of your choice