Can I use a 64GB microSD card in my Tablet?

Kamil K November 16, 2013

Hi, how are you? If my tablet states that it will take a 32GB card max, what will happen if I insert a 64GB card? Thanks.

1. Kamil K

Thanks :) Marko - would a tablet recognize just the first 32GBs or none completely?

nope, because 64GB file system is different than the 32GB file system, if your tablet can't read 64GB memory card then if you insert the 64GB memory card either will not be seen in your tablet or you can damage the tablet card reader and worth your tablet will not boot again?

Marko R is right, but sometime a firmware upgrade can fix your problem, you have to check on your manufacturer site.

3. Marko R

I think that the tablet will just not recognize the card. I don't think that it (the card) will affect (damage) the tablet in any way. (Someone please correct me if I am wrong)

Unfortunately, since it's outside the specification, there is no way to predict exactly what will happen. That said, it is more likely that a 64GB card will work, but only 32GB will be recognised. It's also possible that the card won't work at all. The full 64GB will almost certainly NOT be recognised.