Can I unlock my Coral 450 mobile phone for free?
Question by Sophia Whitelock /

I have a Coral 450 phone and would like to unlock it for use on other networks. Can I do this for free? Where do I find the code?

• Ahmed Khalil

i do not think so, as it is not famous no body interest in work in opening this one

• Douglas Mutay

Sometime I have seen a network carrier that accept to unlock other carrier phone but only if you are going to use their network ;-) Try to go the other carrier and see if they can do the job. I don’t think your actual carrier will accept to unlock it…for free

• Drew Butler

Tier 3 of customer service has the capability of course you have to be diligent and it helps to be a long time customer and threaten to leave them for good if they don’t take care of your request. Either that or tell them you want to use the device when you go on vacation and don’t see why you should have to buy one their overpriced abroad service plans/packages when you can get a prepaid sim from the country you are visiting and get a lot more for your buck. This worked once for me when I had AT&T and after getting to tier 3 I told them “look I know its possible and if you don’t comply I will put my phone on seasonal suspend and cancel all my lines upon returning to the US from vacation” They quickly gave me the code and I was able to save a large amount of money. As a final note that experience was before the smart phone era and I’m just trying to inform everyone. I realize most general consumers don’t know about this and I am not trying to be a jerk or point you out to be wrong. I truly hope people armed with this info can achieve similar results and save themselves some money while having the freedom to choose whom they want to have service with on the device they paid for…I am not a fan of devices being locked and while I understand why carriers do it I think it is a disservice to the customer. IMO if they can’t provide the best service and price for you they should give you the freedom to take your device elsewhere(especially if you pay a termination fee) and get to work meeting the needs of their customers by adjusting price plans and addressing service issues. with that I’m done… uber tired. everyone have a good day. :)

• Boni Oloff

What kind of smartphone is that?
    It is Android ?

You must first ask your carrier to unlock it for you.They might unlock it for you if you are out of contract.

• Drew Butler

Correct most carriers will but you need to get to the third tier of customer service before they normally even admit that it is possible, let alone look up the code. I would also like to suggest that you look for a local unlock shop Sophia.. This way you are less likely to get burned and you can verify that it works before leaving the store.