Can I transfer files via Bluetooth on my iPhone 4 without jail-breaking?
Question by Anish Mehta /

I have an iPhone 4 , I want to use the Bluetooth feature on my iDevice to transfer files but without any illegal stuff like jail-breaking…is it possible?

• Tim Brookes

iOS 7 is introducing a feature called AirDrop which allows iPhones to wirelessly share anything (not just files, but notes, contacts etc) between iOS devices. Mac also have a feature called AirDrop, though at present the two aren’t compatible. I’m hoping Apple will open up wireless file transfer using AirDrop in Mavericks, though this is unlikely to come to Windows. That’s just the way it is.

Are you trying to get files off your device, or to it? iTunes File Sharing works pretty well, and can be configured to be completely wireless. It’s virtually the same thing as using Bluetooth, except it uses Wi-Fi instead.

• Fernando Bonita

Check this site: it has an answer for your querry.

there’s a certain app that lets you share file through bluetooth, freely, and not just limited to iOS devices. But i guess there’s a sum you need to pay.

• John

This REQUIRES Jail-breaking :)

Another +1 for android phones. So many hassles with iPhone. You have to jailbreak just to share files with other phones via bluetooth.

• Robert Forcier

just search the app store, for “bluetooth”, there are many apps that allow transfering of files via bluetooth. One such app is |bluetooth file share from Phoenix Mobile, which is also free

• babu vhora

Unfortunately,Blutooth is not available for iphone

• Sangimed

I think that an app exists for this (ibluetooth) but works only between idevices

• Marek S?owikowski

There are free apps in App Store, you can use to store and exchange files with your iPhone.

How to transfer files between Bluetooth-enabled devices

iOS: Supported Bluetooth profiles

• Alyshia Gordon

unfortunately, no. Iphones do not yet support Bluetooth File Transfer. Keep hope, though!!