Can I send text messages from a PC to a mobile phone?

Jordan November 9, 2012

Is it possible to send text messages from your computer to a mobile phone?

1. Md Nur-Un-Nabi Tutul

yes u can , I agree with some previous users...use a online sms sending websites....

2. Márcio Guerra

I know that in Portugal, most of the operators, if not all, allow you, if you are one of their clients, to send sms from their websites like if it was your phone. Then you can have some free, due to go to the website, to send montly, or after those free, like your regular paid plan.

Nowadays I can't advise you any website to "serve them all", because I honestly don't know, but it seems (and I'll try for myself) some of the options already given here!

Cheers!

3. Rama moorthy

if it is in India , then you can use way2sms .. with the desktop client ..else you have to use gmail or google for it..

4. Gianna Marie Lanete

yes, you can...
    i am using gmail :)

5. Shiva Kunwar

there are various online SMS sender all over the world... You can search the sites on google.... and send free sms to mobile phones.

6. Justin Pot

If you're in the USA I can't recommend Google Voice enough. Gives you one number for all of your phone and allows for free texting to any phone in the USA or Canada.

Alternatively, you could try this free service:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/textport-send-free-text-messages-phones-reply-email/

7. Bhavuk Jain

Search out "gmail sms" on google. You will surely be able to send sms to your friends.

8. josemon maliakal

Online mobile websites are the only option..

• Boni Oloff

I think modem software also can be used to send text message.

• Márcio Guerra

I've never heard of that option... Can you explain it to me, please?

9. Naveen Kumar

you can send it through online try these websites
    http://www.160by2.com
    text4freeonline.com
    http://www.way2sms.com

• Aditya Roy

These options are for India only

10. Nikhil Chandak

use online free sms sender websites
    such as
    fullonsms.com
    way2sms.com
    160by2.com

11. Lisa Santika Onggrid

Yes, you can, but using webapps or certain applications. If your modem supports it, you can also use it.

12. Erlis Dhima

You can use online sites for a price.. But you can use other software like skype to make calls for a small price.. (I'm not sure if there is an option to send sms too. but I suggest to take a look)

13. Marc Carrion

Yes, there are many different ways but the easiest and best in my opinion would be to use Gmail.

14. Dimal Chandrasiri

you need to use online service providers which gives the sms service!

15. Patrick Henry

Depending on the recipient, some carriers feature an email address that forwards via sms to the recipient's phone. For instance, with AT&T, you can send an email to this address:

xxx-xxx-xxxx@mms.att.net

where the Xs are the recipent's phone number, and the text of the email will be sent to the phone is the form of an SMS msg.

Other carriers may offer the same or similar... your mileage may vary.

16. Douglas Mutay

I am using Gmail to do it. And off course this is web based option. If you want an off line solution, use a modem. If it's connected to a phone it will send a message from you pc via your telephone.

There are certain paid and free online applications that may do the job

18. Boni Oloff

Yes you can. Just use the modem aplication. Some new modem can sent and receive SMS.

There's quite a few tools that will allow you to send SMS from a computer. My favorite web program is Google Voice AND Gmail, although both require that you sign up for an account.

If you're using Gmail, all you need to do to send an SMS is enable SMS in Labs and then type your friend's phone number into the contacts box. In the context menu that automatically pops up, you'll see the option to send an SMS.

Google Voice functions the same way, although it requires that you have an account. The service is still in beta, though, and so can be somewhat buggy.

For more detailed instructions, please consult these directions.

20. Yudono Ra

the only thing you can do maybe using free online sms sender

You can use online SMS solutions like Way2SMS.