Can I sell free edited logo files as my own?
Question by Becky Smithe /

I have found a website that offers free PSDs ( http://mintlogos.com ). But my question is: Can I edit the logos and sell them on sites like fiverr? Would I be breaking any copyright laws?

• Muo TechGuy

As I posted above, according to the TOCs yes, you are permitted.

3.1 The Customer or any third party ARE permitted to use the logos without the prior written consent of MintLogos. 3.2 The Customer is allowed to use, sell, distribute any of the logos throughout the MintLogos.com website.

• Junil Maharjan

If the website or the designer allows it then you can sell them.

• Muo TechGuy

Since the user specifically posted the website address, it would be helpful to check the site and post an appropriate answer, rather than something generic that could be applied to anything.

• Oron Joffe

No. The answer is in the Terms & Conditions: “3.1 The logos displayed on the MintLogos website are the property of MintLogos The Customer or any third party is not permitted to use the logos without the prior written consent of MintLogos.”. There is also stipulation on the page that the you must contact them by email after purchasing the logo (this would apply for free logos as well, which you are “purchasing” for nothing).

• muotechguy

This answer is just plain wrong. Not sure why people are marking this as correct without bothering to fact check. Read the front page of the site:

“Feel free to Use/Sell our logos as you wish, all we ask is that you like us on facebook.. :) ”

Also, in the terms and conditions, it actually says:

3.1 The Customer or any third party ARE permitted to use the logos without the prior written consent of MintLogos.

3.2 The Customer is allowed to use, sell, distribute any of the logos throughout the MintLogos.com website.

• Oron Joffe

This is very odd. I simply copied the item from the T&C on their site! Now that I checked it again, it seems to say “are permitted”… Item 3.2 was also worded differently. The only explanation I can think of is that they must have just changed the T&C!