Can I save my SD card and the data on it?

Sebastian Tamayo March 18, 2013

My Android device doesn’t recognize my SD card, and nor does my computer. My BlackBerry Curve sees it but says it’s unusable because of some fatal error . How can I fix it without loosing my data?

Thank you and sorry for my English.

1. Cindy Young

Try use recuva, or hodo photo recovery (http://www.goshareware.com/photo-recovery.html) to recover files in it.
    If not work, ask a professional to fix it.

You could try using "Recuva" from Piriform, which may be able to recover some of your photos. If that doesn't work, there are many other data recovery programs which work with flash memory drives, such as Pandora Recovery, EaseUS Partition Recovery and others. You can search for "SD Card recovery" in download.com and you'll find a long list.
    Good luck!

3. Imesh Chandrasiri

I think the SD card is corrupted! try on a linux pc and see whether it get's mounted! if it get's mounted try on of the following software in the link!

http://www.linuxlinks.com/article/20100226122928107/DataRecovery.html

then try to recover the data & then format the SD.

4. Micheal00988484

try 3rd party data recovery software

try with linux or mac, if they recognize then format there and then format on pc

• Oron Joffe

That would cause the data to be lost- the question says "How can I fix it without loosing my data?".

@Oron Joffe, sure but if it recognized in linux or mac, do sd card files backup and then format in order to make it windows compatible again by formatting again in windows?

also there are some software that do format recovery. other company help will be needed if the files are very important. Software will not fix hardware problem i guess.

• null

Thank you so much