Can I recover my LCD screen that was cleaned with bleach?

Dr-Beneesh VK November 21, 2012

My maid cleaned my Sony Bravia LCD screen with household bleach and now the screen displays white patches as if the top layer is torn apart. It displays the picture with a whitish blur. How can I rectify this problem?

1. Aniket Singh

dude replace it.......nothing else

2. Gen Drex

If it has an antiglare filter, it's likely that layer is all that has been damaged. You can remove the AG filter exposing either a thin layer of glass that covers the actual panel layers (the bits that make the pictures), which is fine, or the actual panel itself i.e. the polarizer layer which can be problematic if touched, scratched or otherwise mucked with as if that layer is damaged the display is done for.

3. atul mahajan

N .There is no way to recover damaged LCD Screen

4. Aswin Kumar K P

Take it to the sony s ervice center,If there is an option to change the display,then you can do it.But if you cant,then you should replace the TV only.

5. Douglas Mutay

Wow! I can feel what you feel because I had same situation but it was with my home desktop monitor. I had to replace it. It was just good for the bin... But I didn't throw it away. I use it as my extended monitor...by the way, I didn't fire my maid, she's just a good maid and it was a mistake. She had her lesson and I know it won't happen again...

If the powder is not loose, the bleach interacted chemically with the coating on the screen.

pop off the front of the TV directly, vac out the thin foam cover

No way to recover from this one. Bite the bullet and buy a new one then invest some time in explaining to your maid that while bleach is good for cleaning toilets, it isnt any good on screens.

LCD screen cleaned with household bleach. That's the height. You should give the maid a raise. :P

Now coming to serious matter, I regret to say, that the TV display is done for good and there is no way to recover the situation now. Either you replace the display, which would not be covered in warranty as the incident is due to user error, or you need to junk and replace the TV with a new one. Really sorry for the situation.

• Lisa Santika Onggrid

Rajaa is right. Unfortunately there's nothing else to do. If you decide to fire the maid, don't forget to warn the new one.

No way to fix screen. Only option is to replace it or entire TV. Maybe your insurance will cover the cost.