Can I recover a Wi-Fi password?

Anonymous July 11, 2013

I have forgotten my Wi-Fi password. How do I recover it or make a new one?

Similar question was posted before.See below for some more solution -

How do I recover my home Wi-Fi password?

2. Tim Brookes

Either follow Justin's advice for connecting via a wired connection or access your wireless network using a device that already has access (like a smartphone maybe), head to your router's control panel (something like http://192.168.0.1) and you should be able to reset the password using that.

Worse comes to worst and you can't find any device or Ethernet cable, you can reset your router to FACTORY settings using a pin and the "Reset" button on the back/bottom of the unit. All routers have one of these buttons, press it while the router is on and it will lose all of your network information and you'll have to set up the router as if you had just bought it.

This means if your router has an inbuilt modem that is used to connect to the Internet, you will have to reconfigure your connection using your ISP settings.

Good luck

3. Ezekiel S

hello its simple just reset your router and set a new password

• Oron J

I second that. Excellent piece of software!

If you find yourself having a hard time with remembering the password, it may be easiest to reset the router to factory defaults. This will erase all information and settings you have set, so you would have to set up every device again to work with the new router settings. To reset the router, find the reset button on the router and press it for about 10 seconds and it should be reset to factory defaults. Using software to try to get the password may take many hours or days, if at all.

• Justin Pot

Derp, can't believe I missed that. Good idea.

6. Justin Pot

I assume the router is in your house. Plug it in using an ethernet cable, then use the software that came with your router to configure it.

Don't have any software? You'll need to type the router's IP address in your web browser to configure it. 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 are both pretty common. Here's a list of IP addresses to try typing in your address bar:

http://www.techspot.com/guides/287-default-router-ip-addresses/